With satisfaction Bolgheri Rosso Superiore Guado de’ Gemoli 2009 by the company Giovanni Chiappini of Bolgheri reaches the highest scores on the prestigious American magazine Wine Enthusiast: 100/100.
For the little family company of Giovanni and Martina Chiappini it is a great achievement, that rewards their respect and relation with the territory. The Bolgheri Superiore Guado de’ Gemoli takes life from a blend of Cabernet Sauvignon and Merlot refined in barriques for about 24 months and it’s the symbol of this small company that produces even Bolgheri Vermentino, Bolgheri Rosso and a line of mono varietal called Liena’ from blend of Cabernet Franc, Petit Verdot, Cabernet Sauvignon and Merlot.
I am proud to communicate that there are 8 important wines produced by the companies with whom I collaborate that this year have obtained the highest award: the “Tre Bicchieri”, from the prestigious “Guida Vini D’Italia Gambero Rosso”.
The wines are:
- Chianti Classico Riserva Vigna Casi 2011 Castello di Meleto
- Poggio ai Chiari Sangiovese IGT Toscana 2007 Colle Santa Mustiola
- Carmignano Riserva Piaggia 2011 Piaggia
- Sagrantino Montefalco Campo alla Cerqua 2010 Giampaolo Tabarrini
- Sagrantino Montefalco 2010 Perticaia
- Sagrantino Montefalco Della Cima 2011 Villa Mongalli
- Etna Rosso A’Rina 2012 Girolamo Russo
- Etna Rosso Arcuria 2012 Graci
With great pleasure I have been interviewed by Carla Capalbo for the the special number of February 2015, dedicated to Italy, of the important English magazine Decanter. For the occasion we had a long a deep discussion over Italian wine and about how I work.
The article, with the title of “Three wise men: Who better to explain what is driving Italy’s wine revolution than its talented winemakers. Carla Capalbo meets three of the best”, represents really well what does it mean for me now being an oenologist.
Emiliano Falsini DECANTER